http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png 0 0 email@example.com http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png firstname.lastname@example.org 13:36:132015-09-08 22:08:30Flotsam and Jetsam #110
- I am doing two Embarcadero Partner Spotlights in the coming weeks. Both will be 15-20 minute videos about chapters in my book. The first will be on the Command Pattern, and the second will be on Aspect-oriented Programming. You can sign up here. There are some other good partner spotlights coming up as well, including Parnassus (which I talk about below.) You can also watch all the past Partner Spotlights on YouTube.
- I’ll be speaking at EKON 19 this year. Topics include Operator Overloading, Parallel Programming, and a three hour tutorial on Dependency Injection. I always have a great time at this event, and I always learn a lot. Marco Cantu and Cary Jensen will be there. I’d recommend attending – and you get early bird pricing before 01 October.
- I’ll tell you what, the advertising team at Embarcadero is playing at the top of their game. I can’t go anywhere on the web without seeing an ad for Delphi 10 Seattle. Google ads is working quite nicely for them. If you are a Delphi developer and use Google for searching, you have no excuse not to know DX Seattle exists.
- I’m a big user and fan of Parnassus Bookmarks, and they have released a version for DX Seattle. Highly recommended. And I look forward to seeing what they have in store in the future. David Millington is a great developer, and I expect some cool stuff in the IDE Plugin department from him. You should also check out his Navigator tool.
- The Embarcadero newsgroups are back up and running on new hardware and a new backend. They’ve been reliable and speedy for about two weeks or so, now, so hopefully they will stay that way. I think the “catch” is that you have to use SSL to connect. But in any event, if you are still into using the newsgroups, they seem solidly back up now.