- Signups are open for Delphi Developer Days. Remember, the “Very Early Bird” special price ends on August 12, so start planning now. I love presenting and hanging out with Delphi developers, so I hope you’ll be at one of the events. Should be a very fun time all around. And of course, if your company wants to help sponsor the event, then please be sure to contact Cary via the website.
- RAD Server is the latest “official” product at Embarcadero. (It previously was known as the Enterprise Management Server and was a feature of high end Delphi SKU’s). This is a cool tool. It’s basically an “AppServer” to Delphi as AppServers are to Java Enterprise Beans (or at least as I understand it). It in effect makes it pathetically easy to build REST APIs. Microservices are all the rage, and so this is a well-timed release. I’m definitely going to investigate it.
- Book Update: You can find out the basics of my new book here. You can also sign up to get email updates, and help me price it by letting me know what you’d be willing to pay. Currently the book is being proof-read and is under technical review. I can’t say for sure when it will be available, but it’s definitely in the “The last 10% takes 90% of the time” stage. I just realized that I hadn’t covered attributes enough, so I’m going to have to add a section on that.
- I simply cannot say enough good things about CodeInsightPlus. Here’s the one thing I will say. If you value your time even slightly, get it and install it now.
- This blog post by Marco started an interesting discussion. For what it’s worth, I stand on the side of proper encapsulation, after having originally been on the other side of the argument.
I’m quite happy to announce that I’ll be part of Delphi Developer Days with Cary Jensen this year. I’m honored to be included, as DDD has long been a successful, interesting, and educational event. I’m joining a list of distinguished Delphi speakers who have participated in the past. I’ve been to DDD a number of times and have always come away pleased that I went, so I’m glad to be on the delivering end this time.
There will be four events this year:
- Chicago, USA: 14-15 November 2016 Register
- Copenhagen, Denmark: 24-25 November 2016 Register
- Frankfurt, Germany: 28-29 November 2016 Register
- Baltimore, USA: 5-6 December 2016 Register
The complete agenda isn’t set yet, but we’ll get that out as soon as it is ready. There is an “Very Early Bird” discount of 25% for folks who sign up before August 12th.
I’m really excited to do these events and so I hope that I see you there.
It’s going to be about 90 pages long or so, depending on the exact size the book ends up being. I’ll be publishing it first as an eBook, and then soon after in hard cover.
You can click on the link above to find out more information, including the chapter list. Please feel free to enter your email address to be notified about it being published, etc. (You don’t even have to let me know your email address if you don’t want to).
My previous two books – Coding in Delphi and More Coding in Delphi – exceeded my expectations, and I’m very grateful to everyone who bought it. I know I’ll appreciate the support that Dependency Injection in Delphi receives as well. Thanks as always.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014