http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png 0 0 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png email@example.com 11:40:042015-05-01 11:40:04Flotsam and Jetsam #103
- Stefan Glienke has two interesting polls going on:
- Let’s do some demographics of the Delphi developers – how old are you?
- How long ago did you start using Delphi?
- Ten Tips For Migrating From C# And .NET To Multi Platform Object Pascal And Delphi Firemonkey
- Another entry in the “They are evil” category: nested routines. Just don’t. In my codebase at work, there are methods that six, seven, even eight nested methods. I have even seen nested routines with nested routines. Argh. Despite being a formatting nightmare – how are you supposed to read and understand that? – a bunch of nested routines screams “Make me into a class”. If you have a bunch of methods at all should be grouped together, isn’t that pretty much the definition of what a class is? Anyway, nested routines should be banished.