http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png 0 0 email@example.com http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png firstname.lastname@example.org 19:38:462016-06-13 19:38:46Flotsam and Jetsam #114
- Signups are open for Delphi Developer Days. Remember, the “Very Early Bird” special price ends on August 12, so start planning now. I love presenting and hanging out with Delphi developers, so I hope you’ll be at one of the events. Should be a very fun time all around. And of course, if your company wants to help sponsor the event, then please be sure to contact Cary via the website.
- RAD Server is the latest “official” product at Embarcadero. (It previously was known as the Enterprise Management Server and was a feature of high end Delphi SKU’s). This is a cool tool. It’s basically an “AppServer” to Delphi as AppServers are to Java Enterprise Beans (or at least as I understand it). It in effect makes it pathetically easy to build REST APIs. Microservices are all the rage, and so this is a well-timed release. I’m definitely going to investigate it.
- Book Update: You can find out the basics of my new book here. You can also sign up to get email updates, and help me price it by letting me know what you’d be willing to pay. Currently the book is being proof-read and is under technical review. I can’t say for sure when it will be available, but it’s definitely in the “The last 10% takes 90% of the time” stage. I just realized that I hadn’t covered attributes enough, so I’m going to have to add a section on that.
- I simply cannot say enough good things about CodeInsightPlus. Here’s the one thing I will say. If you value your time even slightly, get it and install it now.
- This blog post by Marco started an interesting discussion. For what it’s worth, I stand on the side of proper encapsulation, after having originally been on the other side of the argument.