http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png 0 0 email@example.com http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png firstname.lastname@example.org 07:09:002014-12-19 07:09:00Flotsam and Jetsam #90
- I mentioned this video before, but it is so good I’m going to mention it again: Parallel Programming Library: Create Responsive Object Pascal Apps. Danny’s blog is in Dutch, but he has an English entry that includes the source code to his session.
- Something I’m surprised by: The number of questions on the Delphi StackOverflow tag that deal with integrating with Excel. Also, tons of Indy questions.
- This is interesting: Jon Aasenden is creating DelphiArmy – a real, no kidding jobsite for Delphi developers. I’ll be interested to see how that goes. It appears to be alive and running, so make an entry if you need to.
- I’ve mentioned free this tool before, but its usefulness is so awesome that I wanted to point it out again. It’s called “Everything”, and it allows you to search for any file by name on your entire system. It’s lightening fast, and I use it probably twenty times a day to find things I’m looking for. It’s one of the first things I install on a new system. Truly outstanding and amazingly useful. Highly recommended.
- While I’m at this “mentioning before” thing, I’ll give a strong endorsement to the Delphi-built Clipmate. Again, I use this thing about 25 times a day. It’s a clipboard cache that remembers what you’ve put on the clipboard. It’s not free – but it’s well worth the price. Saved my butt a thousand times, too, when I overwrite something on the clipboard that I didn’t want to.