http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png 0 0 email@example.com http://www.codingindelphi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Logo-300x138.png firstname.lastname@example.org 17:39:142015-02-01 05:59:00Flotsam and Jetsam #94
- Blog of the Week: The blog of the week is Stefan Glienke’s Delphi Sorcery. He is doing all kind of cool things, including bringing some of the interesting things found in functional programming over to Delphi. His latest post is on Either – a record that can be either one thing or another. It’s similar to the Maybe record of his previous post. Stefan is a leading light in the Delphi community (He runs the Spring4D project), and we can all learn a lot from him. I know I do. Plus he just posted this video showing how to integrate unit tests right into the IDE. How cool is that?
- I think someone could make a lot of money writing a FireMonkey book.
- Delphi Week is coming. You need to be ready. Be very ready.
- The progress of the Spring for Delphi Framework continues apace, under the leadership of the aforementioned Stefan Glienke. The latest addition is a new Dynamic Array type that exceeds even the new functionality in the XE7 syntax. I love using the Spring Framework, and consider it a part of the Delphi RTL. If you haven’t already done so you should pull it from BitBucket and give it a look.
- Article and Quote of the Week: “You should be able to extend the behavior of a system without having to modify that system.” – Uncle Bob Martin